At CrossPointe Downtown we believe that God reveals an aspect of his character to us through his generosity displayed at the cross in saving us for his glory. So accordingly, as we strive to put the character of Christ on display in our city, we long to be known as a generous people who serve well.
Additionally, we believe that the Scriptures teach that giving is a vital part of our worship as a whole. We believe giving cheerfully and sacrificially is an act of worship that blesses the giver as much as the receiver (2 Corinthians 9:6-7).
Giving is a formative agent of grace that makes us more like Christ. Giving is absolutely essential to following Christ. When we give out of our encounter with the gospel and with a generous heart it causes many changes within us. Here are a few to think about:
It increases our intimacy and directs our attention and heart to Christ. (Matthew 6:21)
It increases our character, conforming us to Christ's image as an unselfish giver.
It helps us realize the true ownership of ALL of our possessions. (I Chronicles 29:11-12)
It teaches us to trust and submit everything to God. (Deuteronomy 14:22-23)
It works as our greatest weapon against the idolatry of money and its illusion of power in our lives.
WAYS TO GIVE
- Sunday Gatherings:: Place your gifts in the offering basket during any worship gathering.
- Online:: Give Online via eCheck or credit card (see instructions below)
- 1. Go to GIVE HERE
- 2. Enter donation amount
- 3. Select either "one time" or "regularly" as the occurrence
- 4. Enter email address to receive receipt of payment
- Mail:: Make checks payable to CrossPointe Church Downtown. PO Box 533615 Orlando, FL 32835